Teknik Analiz Dünyasına Hoşgeldiniz. Paylaşmak Güzeldir.

Yayından kaldırmak istediğiniz formüller için algoritmabul@gmail.com ile iletişime geçebilirsiniz... 

• DİKKAT: Formüller, Sistemler sadece eğitim amaçlıdır. Alım satım, olası anapara kaybı ve diğer kayıplar dahil olmak üzere "YÜKSEK RİSK" içerir.
  • Mucize teknik gösterge yoktur, sadece doğru veya yanlış kullanılan göstergeler vardır.

İndikatör Correlation Analysis

Teknik analizde fiyatın yönü veya trendin devamıyla ilgili fikir veren matematiksel modellerdir. İndikatörlerin Türkçe karşılığı göstergedir.

algoritma

eiπ + 1 = 0
Algorithmist
Algoritma
Katılım
23 Eki 2020
Mesajlar
Correlation Analysis
To: metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Correlation Analysis
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 23:55:58 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <salvucci@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Priority: normal
Reply-To: Michael Salvucci <salvucci@xxxxxxxx>
Resent-Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 23:20:00 -0600
Resent-From: metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Resent-Message-Id: <"ByoB22.0.Qa6._hFbp"@mail.equis.com>
Resent-Sender: metastock-list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To all,

I'm still a newbie on Metastock and have been reading up on Correlation Analysis. I really appreciate everyone's help in the past. I would like to get everyone's opinion that has used correlation. It seems to me that if you compare the correlation of an independent variable (an indicator) against a dependent variable (a stock's closing price) and receive a positive correlation, you should have a leading indicator. Therefore, if you have a leading indicator, you may have a system or part of a system.

In this simple system test:​

Correlation Analysis

Correl(MACD(),CLOSE,5,10)>0.90 AND
MACD()<0 AND
MACD()>Ref(MACD(),-1)

you look to see if there's a positive (greater than 0.9) correlation between MACD() and the closing price, that MACD() is less than 0, and that MACD() is increasing. If all of these things agree, you enter long. Do the reverse to exit long.

The Metastock manual does not get in-depth in its discussion about the PERIODS and SHIFT. Let's say, I wanted to maximize my profits within 20 days. Should I set the SHIFT to 20? Does anyone know the effect the results have when you increase or decrease the period and shift? I've performed the above changes, but I'm not sure how to interpret the results when I start changing numbers. I don't want to just 'optimize' something I don't fully understand or 'optimize' something for the sake of optimizing.

Increasing the SHIFT seems to put alot of uncertainty into the correlation - it starts decreasing. This may be the result of the farther you look into the future, the more unlikely your prediction will be. Is this a correct interpretation? Should SHIFT always be set between, say, 1 and 3 ?

Increasing the PERIODS seems to smooth out the line (if plotted as an indicator), but what does it actually smooth? This is where I'm losing it. Does it mean that if PERIODS is set high (eg. 50 to smooth it over a long term) , the stock is following a long term upward trend, and the indicator is following an upward trend, then the correlation should be close to 1 because it is smoothing a result that coincides with the price increase?

Correlation, to me, seems to validate or invalidate an indicator and/or system test. Because of this, I 'think' it's a great tool to use in TA.

Something to think about: Only use indicators in a system test when they report a positive correlation to price. What do you think?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Later,
/\/\ichael Salvucci

salvucci@xxxxxxxx
Lawrenceburg, Tennessee USA
ICQ User Number 1035286
via http://www.mirabilis.com
Source / From:

Forumdan daha fazla yararlanmak için giriş yapın yada üye olun!

Forumdan daha fazla yararlanmak için giriş yapın veya kayıt olun!

Kayıt ol

Forumda bir hesap oluşturmak tamamen ücretsizdir.

Şimdi kayıt ol
Giriş yap

Eğer bir hesabınız var ise lütfen giriş yapın

Giriş yap